Monday, 20 July 2009

July ICLW: welcome

I cant believe this ICLW has come around so quickly. I really enjoy meeting new people and reading new blogs. This month I will try harder, I slacked last month so will make up for it this month!

Here is a quick round up of me and my life:
  • I am 25, married, been with my Husband since I was 16
  • I am a Veterinary surgeon
  • I have a rescue dog called Maddy who recently got attacked by two Rottweilers
  • I have stage IV endometriosis.
  • I have had 2 laparoscopies and and due another one in 4 months time
  • I have hypothyroidism
  • We were TTC but currently on a break as I have 6 months of ovary suppression before my 3rd lap to remove all of my endo
  • I am desperate for a baby. I feel there is a gap, a void, I am so desperate to fill it. I long for a family.
  • I am currently trying to get my body in shape for when I am able to start TTC again

Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you enjoy

13 comments:

  1. I am also trying to get my body in shape for the next round of getting pregnant. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nic.it's just me, Kate. I wanted to say a quick hello- and of all the things I might say about you (kind, generous, smart, funny, resourceful) slacker would not be one of them!

    Just wanted to say I am thinking of you,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ICLW! You sure meet a lot of people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about Maddy...how is she doing now? I can't imagine how slow these next 4 months will go for you. It sounds as though you are doing well with getting into shape..hopefully some of your fire will rub off on me. It's a good way to kill time until TTC. Are/were you temping in the mornings and if so, how low were your basal temps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am desperate for a baby too. I have an undiagnosed nerve problem that is keeping me from TTC. I hope it comes true for both of us-- looks like we both have a bit of a wait. It's maddening at times. I'm glad to have found your blog!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, a veterinary surgeon at 25, that seems like a HUGE accomplishment! i wish i had drive like that. waiting is what infertility is all about, it really sucks. i had a laparoscopy in november after almost a year and a half of ttc unsuccessfully, and then i was suppressed for four months, it was awful so i feel for you. i hope you make it through unscathed.
    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you and thanks for the rundown. I'm so sorry about Maddy! We had a cat by the same name. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are in the same boat...bless to us..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep checking your ticker for when you're done with your break. It's going by so slow :( I'm so sorry you're having to wait so long

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there.. *Miss NIC* ;) Just wanted to say thank you so much for the comment.. you are too sweet!!! You have no idea how good it made me feel.

    Hope everything is going well for you.. and that time flys by very quickly.. I can't wait till you get to start trying again!!!:)

    HUGS,
    Hannah

    ps. OH ya.. I almost forgot.. HAPPY ICLW to YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Nic, thanks for the intro. I have endo also, and am also trying to get into better shape for pregnancy - I took a walk earlier tonight - that should cancel out the cake I baked for my H and am partaking in now right??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the 4 miles! That's awesome! Happy ICLW and enjoy your runs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!