I had my appointment with the nurse yesterday. It was not how I imagined it. It was rushed, she threw dates at me and I got confused and then annoyed. I told her I did not understand what was going on, no one had even explained the FET protocol with me. She briefly explained it and then threw more dates at me. She started off by giving me September dates then said they were fully booked for September and so gave me October dates but they were all in the middle of my holiday to Cornwall. She then got angry with me and said I didnt tell her about Cornwall but she didnt ask about holidays and I thought we were doing it in September!!
To cut a long story short, the nurse left the room to book it in and DH told me to calm down and stop being rude. I was confused!! When she came back in I was calm, she told me there had been a cancellation for September and so it was meant to be! The dates she gave me for September conflicted with my weekend on duty at work,(we get a rota and it is compulsory!) The nurse told me I should get my priorities right and 'whats more important, work or a baby?' I was shocked. I wish people understood. A baby is the most important thing ever, but my weekend duties are on a rota and you HAVE to do it. How dare she say that to me!!
I have obvioulsy taken the dates and spoke to one of my collegues, we have managed to swap weekends thankfully!!
Protocol: Day 1 of cycle hopefully 9th/10th September, baseline scan 13th September, second scan 22nd September and hopefully transfer 24th September!! I will be on suprecur injections (lupron) and oestrogen tablets from my baseline and then progesterone suppositories from 2 days before my transfer. I cant belive that in one month's time I will be PUPO again!!
This is coming around fast!! I am so ready to be pregnant! I just hope that both of our frosties thaw OK and we can stick them both in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Ummm...you should definitely discuss the nurse's comments with your doctor or the office manager. That is ridiculous. You deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. After all, you are providing them with business and you are going through heartbreak and it is confusing...all of it.
ReplyDeleteDon't let this go unsaid. If she's treating you like this, you're not the only one.
Glad to hear you're getting some things worked out. It's nice when things get moving again.
Yay! I can't wait!!! September will be here before you know it:)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that crazy nurse said that to you! She needs to be more understanding. That comment she said was "judgmental". Hopefully you want have to deal with anymore encounters like that with her.
On a better note! It's so Great that everything has worked out with the FET date & your work schedule. I am so Excited that this is going to be so soon! Also hoping with you that both little frosties make it to transfer:)
So glad you posted you've been my mind at some point everyday lately. So happy you had good news!
Hugs,
Hannah
WTF?? What an awful nurse, I hate her. I'm sorry that happened. But I'm so glad you're on the road to FET! It's coming up fast! Hopefully these next few weeks go by super quickly. Thinking about you, and definitely thinking happy thawing thoughts!
ReplyDeleteUgh! I can't believe she said that stuff. I might complain if I were you. I'm sorry it was such a pain, but yea for being able to do it in september.
ReplyDeleteI think IF nurses and docs need to go through mandatory sensitivity training. You should not have to be stressed out even more about the things she says and makes you feel. They need to be supportive of you and your commitments and decisions.
ReplyDelete