Monday, 9 August 2010

Of course it was going to be

I am 7dp3dt and this 2ww is going so so slow. I caved today though, I POAS! Shock, horror I got a BFN. I strangely was not very upset, I knew it was too early, I knew it would be negative. Why did I do it then and flush money down the toilet? Mainly because I had to go back to work today I wanted to know if I was pregnant. Also I wanted to check my HCG shot was out of my system, which it is.

I did seem to be surrounded by PG people today, esp my friend and colleague who had her 12 weeks scan last week. She talked babies with me a lot and showed me her scan. I am massively happy for her as she is the one that had a miscarriage back in Feb. Today was not the day that I wanted to see the scan though. At the moment, selfishly all I can think about is me, Eggbert and Shelly (and DH of course!)

I will test again Wednesday morning which will be 9dp3dt and hopefully I will get a BFP. My official test day is Friday though which will be 11dp3dt. Sometime I am certain I am PG, certain it has worked, other times I am depressed, sure it has failed.

Oh the joy of the IVF roller coaster!!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about all the ups and downs of all this waiting. It is extremely hard to go through.

    Try not to get too disappointed with the recent bfn. I caved myself at 7dp 3dt, and just like you bfn. I kept testing and didn't get a bfp until 9dp 3dt. And it was "super faint" so I still didn't really believe what I was seeing yet. Like you said- you know now that the trigger shot must be out of your system. So that is good because when you do get a bfp you'll know its for real:)

    Take care nic, hoping to see this end in your and your dh's long waited bfp!

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Wednesday, I couldn't have resisted POAS either if I was in your position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! I will soon be joining you on this IVF rollercoaster. Good luck and God bless!

    ~Bobbi @ www.thejohnsonsjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, how can you not POAS at this point?! It's that perfect window of "it won't really matter if it is or isn't positive because who knows what that means anyway". I got way too scared after that to test again...I'm chicken. I'll be waiting on pins and needles to hear what happens for you though!!! Hoping hoping hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say you've been on my mind allot today. Hoping for great things for you this yr:)

    Huge Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!