Still no AF and pregnancy test was negative. I called the clinic and they still want me to have a scan to see what is going on. I shall update in a bit.
*update*
My scan was not great, my lining is too thick which is not a surprise as I have not had a period. The bad news is that lefty ovary has a big ass cyst on it. I am pissed off. My FET is delayed at the mo. I am to wait for my period, call the clinic and book another scan. If the cyst has gone we will carry on with the FET as planned. If not I will have to go on the pill. If that does not work then I guess the will have to aspirate it. I am dreading that as I presume it is the same procedure as a retrieval and that was bad for me last time.
I am so devastated. The fact that we had two frosties, the fact that we could do a FET so soon has helped me to have something to focus on, to remain calm(ish), to remain hopeful(ish). Now I feel that hope and calm slowly slipping away.
Where the hell are you AF, you are never 4 days late. Hurry up and come and tell the bloody cyst to piss off!
Anyone had a cyst on your ovary and what was done about it? How did it affect your cycle and IVF/FET?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I’ve had SO many cyst and actually have had 2 the size of lemons burst in the last few months. My cycles are every 3 months so if it’s effected it I haven’t noticed. I’m on the pill but again the cycle only comes every 3 months. Hang in there…
ReplyDeleteI had a cyst right before my IVF. Since we had about 10 days before we were ready to start we used birth control pills to shink it (and they did.) If the pills had not worked the doc was willing to aspirate so we wouldn't have to delay the cycle but warned me that ovaries like to bleed and invading it with a needle could inhibit it's follicle performance.
ReplyDeleteIn the grand scheme of things, giving the BCP's a chance was definitely the better choice for me.
I also have a history of cysts- have not had an ultrasound for 6 weeks, but am assuming they are still hanging around. I am thinking I will go on BCPs and pray they disappear. Also, diet and exercise have a lot to do with cysts- caffeine and sugars/carbs affect the cysts negatively.
ReplyDeleteHope has a 25mm cyst right now on her ovary, but we were told that it's just a leftover shell of a follicle with no egg inside. We're on 2 months of BCP now. I'm sorry that you've got a cyst. BOO!!! The BCP has helped minimalize Hope's cysts before. Seems like she always has one and the Dr says its because she has a lead follicle and then this little follicle that keeps growing past the trigger shot and ends up being a cyst the next month. *Hugs*
ReplyDeleteI had a cyst before my IUI. I was put on BCP for two weeks and then we were good to go. It was the cycle I got pregnant! Hoping the same for you!!
ReplyDeleteGah on the cyst! I hope your period shows soon and the cyst shrinks so that you can continue with your fet.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately my cysts have been endometriomas thus far, and, not much you can do with those. They did drain it when I had my first retrieval, never had any issues with it bleeding.
ReplyDeleteHurry up period! Hopefully its just cyclical and it will go away soon, even before BC. Waiting sucks, I know!!!!!
Hugs!