Monday, 23 November 2009

bowel prep and lap tomorrow

Right now I am sitting on the toilet (TMI!) waiting for my bowel prep solution to work. I have been dreading today. I dont need any help in the going to toilet department so I think I am going to have a extreme reaction to this bowel prep. To top things off it is DISGUSTING! I had trouble drinking the solution and I have another one to drink this afternoon. I actually vomited some of it up it was so gross! I hope I have drunk enough for this 12 hour session!

I am feeling so nervous about my lap tomorrow. I have been awake since 3.30am thinking, stressing and feeling so nervous. I just want to get it over and done with now. I am worried about what they will do and find and I am worried about the amount o pain I will be in when I wake up. I know that sounds pathetic but I hope I can cope with the pain. I have done in past so all should be fine.

I am going to be staying in hosp at least untill wednesday afternoon so I will let you all know how I am as soon as possible. I will take my iphone into hospital with me so will send a quick message if I can get internet.

I am off to experience my bowel prep. Joy!

11 comments:

  1. aww,
    nothing worse than bowel prep!!

    hope you got a magazine in there with you!
    lol

    Good luck for your lap tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you!

    Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. please as for what you need in the hospital- they do so much better now with both anesthesia and pain control. but NOT with bowel prep. I will be thinking of you non-stop and wishing you all the best Nic, truly.
    Hate that you have to do this, and so glad that in 24 hours this part will be over with.

    take care of your wonderful self,
    warmly
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.. that sounds like No Fun at All!!! I would hate it myself..lol

    So Glad that its time for your Lap. I hope you are not in too much pain afterward, and that things go well with everything:)

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that the bowel stuff doesn't affect you too bad. I always wondered if I would have a worse reaction because of the ibs. I hope your lap goes well and you don't have too much pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the lap goes well today, and you aren't in pain afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be thinking of you! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOD I feel your pain! I am going in for my lap on Wednesday morning and dreading it. I have not slept more than 10 hours in the last 5 days... the anxiety is keeping me up. Now I have progressed to throwing up and losing my intestines... TMI I agree, but it's totally the anxiety! I feel your pain sister :( I'll pray for you if you pray for me!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never done a proper bowel prep for surgery but I've done one as part of a detox programme- the epsom salt solution tasted awful and it certainly was no fun running to the loo the whole day!

    I'm sorry you're feeling so much stress and anguish over your lap. I hope it goes well and I wish you a quick and easy recovery. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well....it maybe gross puking- but at least you don't have to worry about it coming out the other end later. :) I am trying to learn how to look on the bright side. I have had to do Mag Citrate and "Go Lytely"...and THEY SUCK!!!!
    Does your husband get to come back this time?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh... I remember that all too well from when I had my kidney removed! NO FUN! And the stuff does make you gag- I had to drink 2 bottles within 2 hours of each other- evn mixed with ginger ale(which I never even drink soda!) I could barely get & keep it down. I also had IBS (curiously mia after the babes) and it wasn't fun- but you get through it because in the end every bit is worth it!

    Good luck & I will be thinking about you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!