Had my pre-op appointment yesterday. It took 3 hours!! I had to see the nurse and fill out forms, get swabbed for MRSA, have blood taken, have a consult with a junior doctor and then a consult with my surgeon!! My surgeon ran through what he was going to do and it is so much more involved than I had anticipated. I will need to stay in hospital for a few days, will have a urinary catheter in place when I wake up, a drip and an abdominal drain. he then started to tell me about the chance of him cutting into my bowel and having a colostomy bag. I obviously freaked at this!
I only thought it was going to be a half hour check up and bloods. My DH didn't come with me and so I was on my own and felt v overwhelmed, I left the hospital in tears. I am so nervous about my op on Tuesday now!
Monday is also going to be a joy as I have to have a bowel prep which involves taking two lots of laxatives and so Monday I can not eat anything and only drink clear fluids. Not only will I be shitting through the eye of a needle, I will be starving for my op on Tues as the last time I will eat is Sunday night! Not sure how I will cope as I love my food! On the up side, I may shed the last few pounds I have been trying to lose for the last however many weeks!
Feeling v nervous and stressed about it all. Oh what we put ourselves through, just for a chance at trying for a baby!!
On another bad note, my Doctor may put me back on the Zoladex suppression injections after my op. I really hope not, I hate them so so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That does sound scary. I hope that everything goes well and you won't have any complications.
ReplyDeleteThey have to warn you about puncturing your bowel. There is almost no chance of this happening. I'm so glad you are the end of Lupron therapy. It did wonders for me and hopefully it helped you. Good luck in your surgery!
ReplyDeleteI meant Zoladex, not Lupron therapy, sorry.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I will pray that this surgery will be just what you need to get your long awaited BFP. I will keep my fingers crossed that you are done with the supressions drugs.
ReplyDeletewow, I am praying that all goes smoothly and that you don't have to get the suppression injections again!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that this whole process is so hard on you. I would be freaking out too if I was in your shoes. I've always found that the choices offered by Western Medicine for endo treatments are very daunting. Just know that if it doesn't work out for you or if you find the whole treatment very hard to deal with, there is a gentler alternative out there with TCM. I had no idea what I was doing when I ventured into TCM and was extremely sceptical, but I am surprised by its effectiveness-for me anyhow.
ReplyDeleteI hope your op goes well. I will be thinking of you! ((HUGS))
Oh Nic,
ReplyDeleteThat sounds scary and overwhelming. I know it is coming up fast.
the bowel prep sucks but it will be one hell of a distraction. I had not even thought of that part!
As for the antibiotics, can they give you one you tolerate better than the Zoladex?
I hope that this is the very last time you ever have to do anything like this ever, since it will be a resounding success, you will heal quickly adn perfectly and well, and you will be on to the fine art of babymaking.
I wish I could say something helpful, but all i can say is that I am so glad you are done with suppression and so glad you will soon be done with the lap, and
I will be crossing my fingers for you and wishing you all good things and the best possible outcome.
being scared makes sense, I hope your darlin lets you hold on tightly for the next few days.
be gentle with yourself, ok? you are so brave!
warmly,
kate
I hope your lap goes well & will think of you Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteI know this has been really hard for you and I really hope that you don't need to go back on suppression.