Monday, 30 November 2009

DH back to work

My DH has gone back to work and so I am home alone with the dogs, resting. I have been feeling a little better each day which is good, but I have to be careful not to do too much too soon.

My belly has finally started to go down as the gas is going and I have been able to go to toilet a fair bit. I no longer have the 6 month belly look which is good. The only time I want a bump is when I have a baby in there!

My MIL and FIL has been over all weekend and it has been a great help, but I am pleased to have the house back to myself. My MIL asked whether they thought I could have kids. I said I dont know, I only have one tube that works so there is a chance but it is decreased. She told me I should get on the IVF list as soon as possible as the waiting list is long. I havent had a proper conversation with DH as to whether we will go down this route straight away, so I am certainly not going to have it with my MIL. I know she means well but she is also nosey and a gossip and I dont want everyone knowing my business. If we try IVF I dont want anyone to know. DH's nan then rang to find out how I was and asked all the same questions. I wanted to scream how much I want a kid and how we have been trying but I dont know if it will happen. Instead I acted indifferent, its easier that way at the moment

4 comments:

  1. I am glad your belly is calming down! Hope your dogs are giving you lots of kisses to help you feel better.
    Isn't it crazy how people think they can talk about your reproductive system like it is an oil change in car? UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to pretend all is well when it isn't, and when you can't think of anything but one thing. Hope you continue to get healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    Glad to here the belly is feeling better.
    I was just writing about IVF in my blog and then came to yours and saw you were talking about it aswell.
    Your like me I don't want alot of people knowing if I do plan to do the IVF because of people's mouths and words get twisted around.I know whatever you and DH choose will be the right way.I know it's a hard choice to make and you want the best for your body.I know you are still recovering after the surgery.
    Blessings,
    Charla

    ReplyDelete
  4. God it is hard when folks ask questions like that, as if, somehow, maybe you had not thought about this or that or the other thing. Not so helpful, eh?
    and it hurts too. Kinda would be best if folks just said, Im sorry you had to do this, I hope you heal quickly and I wish you all the best in whatever comes next.
    So Nic? that is what I am saying here.
    sending love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!