Thursday, 29 July 2010

We triggered last night!! *updated*

No more injections! We triggered last night and now the agonising wait untill my egg collection at 9 am tomorrow!!

I am really nervous. Worried there won't be any eggs in the follies, worried they won't fertilise and then grow. I'm also worried how painful the procedure will be.

With the nhs we get two fresh cycles. If it gets canceled before egg retrieval it does not count as a go. Once you have egg retrieval that is one go used up, regardless of whether there is any embryo's to transfer or not. I really hope we have some to putback and some left to freeze would be amazing!!

Off to work to distract myself from tomorrow! Struggling to hide my excitement!!

**update** In answer to a question, no we are not doing ICSI, the doctors do not see any need.
Sadly I am only being sedated for the retrieval, not a GA so I will be aware a little.

Not long now, feeling so nervous and excited!!!

6 comments:

  1. So awesome...hang in there...it's a wild ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! I believe you'll have plenty of eggs, and I'll be praying that all goes well with retrieval & fertilization:)

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries! The egg retreival is relatively painless - they knock you out (or at least my RE did)and you wake up after a short nap with little to no discomfort. I didn't have any discomfort after any of my 3 ER's. Good luck - I hope there are LOTS of mature eggs in those follies!

    Best ~ Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. They usually do a twilight sedation. You're out of it enough that you are basically asleep, but not enough that would require you to have a ventillator. I think I just had the little oxygen cannula in my nose.

    As far as pain goes, it was like having some menstrual cramps. They gave me some tylenol and I was fine.

    You'll be fine! Oh, does your doc take pictures of the embryos and give them to you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Nic, thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!