Saturday, 10 July 2010

1st injection done!!

At 10pm this evening I gave myself my 1st injection! I was nervous. My skin is tougher than expected and it hurt a little as the needle went in. I now have a small mark on my skin it may bruise as I wasn't happy with my technique as I was nervous. I will be better tomorrow night.

This is really happening! I have started my IVF!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Alright! Your well on your way now! You did great & I'm sure the injections wills get much easier with time:)

    How exciting is this?! Your finally starting ivf... can't wait to read your next post!

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!

    The injections definitely get easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting!! In the beginning of injections I would numb the spot with an ice cube which helped a lot. After a while I didn't need the ice anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! Congratulations, we're so almost there :) After reading your last post about your reflection, I'm glad to have a blog friend who knows so much about what I, too, am going through. Our history is so similar... I'm thinking of you a lot. Good luck, and I'm sure you're gonna do awesome with your injections. Try the ice trick! And I put a heating pad on the area right afterward for a couple of minutes, they say that helps dispurse the medicine (and it's helped with the bruising). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Just don't hesitate when giving them. That's when they start to smart. :) GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!!! You are on the road. It is kind of fun when you start. I find that closing my eyes and just "going for it" works. I haven't tried ice, but I bet it would work. I also found out that the more injections you do, the less they hurt. You just kind of get used to them. Congrats on beginning. I can't wait to hear about the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you!!!! Wishing you SOOOOO much luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!