Thursday, 15 July 2010

6th injection

I cant believe it, but tonight I am just over halfway through my suppression injections!! I stop the pill tomorrow, should have a bleed and then have my first monitoring appointment and baseline scan on Wednessday!!

Things are OK, the injections are going OK. I have found that it hurts less to inject into the fat on the side of my thigh, rather than my belly.

Side effects are not too bad, a few hot flushes and few headaches but still nothing major which is good.

I am worried about Sunday as I have a family party and will need to take my injection with me. I am not sure where I am going to store it or how I am going to sneak off to give it. Hopefully I will be able to work something out, or just leave a little early to be home by 10pm to give it.

On a side note: DH is trying to be helpful and supportive but he cant watch me do the injections! He turns his head away each time! I have asked him if he would inject me, but sadly not!! I hope that I manage to stay strong and am able to keep doing the injections myself! I am worried if the next lot will be bigger or hurt more and I may struggle!

So far so good... 18 days untill my egg retrieval!!! 21 days untill pregant untill proven otherwise!!

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the next set of injections. The first day is difficult but gets much easier every day. I got to the point where I did not flinch at all. You are a trooper. It will be fine. And way to go for being six in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it's going well. My DH wouldn't do my injections either. I assume you're on Lupron right now? What are your other meds? I took Bravelle & Menopur and from what I can remember, that needle was easier than the Lupron needle.

    I took my meds in a thermal with an ice pack to a restaurant once and gave it to myself in the restroom. That was interesting! Probably freaked out the one woman who came in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for stopping BCP's today! Glad to hear the injections are going well, and that you have no major side effects:)

    I took my meds in a small Ice Chest, with ice packs inside of course when I needed to bring my injections anywhere with me.

    Can't wait till Wednesday to hear how your baseline goes!

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, date night is a must! I hope you and your hubby get to do something next week. I'm so glad you're doing well with the medication, no big side effects! B and I took our Lupron to a few different places, including a baseball game! We put the meds and needle in my sunglasses case because it's hard and would protect it. Then just popped it all out and went for it right at our seats! :) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!