I can't believe it, I have been waiting for tomorrow for what feels like forever and all of a suddenly is nearly here!!
I am very nervous about giving my 1st injection, I am not very good when it comes to doing things to myself. I am a vet, I do loads of injections everyday, just not to myself!!
Any hints and tips to stop bruising and pain would be great.
A reflective post (yay! Lol!) may follow shortly. Just wish to document my feelings on my journey so far.
Did I mention I am so excited!!!
Friday, 9 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yay! I'm super excited for you! Can't hardly wait! Lol
ReplyDeleteSorry I have no advice on the injections... if u remember I always had someone there to give me mine.lol Except for one time when I was super upset, emotional, and angry at everyone! Can you say..."CRAZY"! LOL don't know how I made myself bleed so much with such a little needle for a stomach injection! Lol ok... that probably just makes you nervous, but don't be:-)
I believe you'll do Great! Oh n I just remembered it did help some to warm the injection up by holding it for say...1 min. It can help if its not so cold. Some people like to ice down the injection sight beforehand, then massage the area afterwards. Every medication I did felt different. Some Stung a bit going in... others more so afterwards. None were really that bad most of the time, I just don't care for needles.
The thing that kept me going and helped me most was- to keep reminding myself..."THIS COULD LEAD TO MY BABY"! (even though I went through injections for weeks twice before my ivf cycles were canceled) That is one of the things that kept me going:-)
Sorry wrote u a book again.. I'm sleep deprived... only got 3 hrs last night. Praying that this gets better... for my own health sake. Sigh she's so worth it of course, only problem is I'm running on zero and have gotten super week and despondent at times.. then feel super guilty:( this will get better though with time I'm sure.
Take care! Following you all the way through! Again I'm so excited for you:)
Hugs,
Hannah
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete