My scan went OKish today. I am a little dissapointed. I have one large follie on each ovary (L=20mm and R=18mm), a few medium size on each side (13,14mm) and then a few small ones on each side (7,8mm). Last IVF cycle I was ready for egg collection after a week of stimming. I am not ready. I go back for another scan on wednesday and then most likely egg collection on Friday.
I had more follies last time, I am worried I do not have many this time. I guess last time I had a lot and it ended in a BFN. I have to keep telling myself it is 'quality not quantity' and the fabel of the hair and the tortoise blah blah!!
On a good note, I have a thicker lining this time round (about 12.5mm) and I had a great acupuncture session this afternoon.
I am trying to stay positive. I am using a different stim drug and so no wonder I am responding differently. There is definitely hope with this cycle, I am just being down for some reason.
Positive thoughts!!! I keep having to remind myslef!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yes, keep remembering quality over quantity! I know how you feel though....I am praying for lots of follies, but am terrified we'll only get a few! Like you, I need to keep remembering that even just ONE good egg makes a beautiful baby!
ReplyDeletePositive thoughts, positive thoughts!!!! Your uterine lining measurement is AMAZING! Mine was only 8.3 the day of the transfer, which my doctor thinks affected our negative result. Keep up the positive thoughts! It's gonna happen! :)
ReplyDeleteKeep thinking positive : ) How many days have you been taking stims at this point?
ReplyDeleteI wasn't impressed with how many I had either, but it worked out well. Keep your chin up!
ReplyDeleteSaying prayers for you! I just had my ER on Sunday. I had 11 eggs, 9 mature, and 6 fertilized. I agree with Krista and the doctors when they say, "It's quality over quantity." Stay positive :)
ReplyDeleteSending lots of positive thoughts. You only need one to get pregnant and it sounds like you have more than that ;)
ReplyDelete