Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy booked....

Just got back from the hospital. I thankfully didn't need another US. He just asked how I had been, I told him not good and explained. In a nut shell he says he needs to have a look inside and see whats going on so I am booked in for a laparoscopy and hysterscopy on the 2nd June. I asked about a HSG and he says they don't do that anymore as a procedure on its own. I will have it done at the same time as my operation. I am not happy in a way, I really don't want another operation. I didn't bounce back as well as expected last time. Also trying to get a few weeks off work will be a challenge.

I hate women's health clinic waiting rooms. It was full of heavily pregnant women, all talking about their pregnancies and rubbing their large bellies. Spot the infertile couples was quite funny. There we were sitting there silently and another older couple sitting opposite us. They also were not speaking. I noticed how we both had out handbags sitting on our lap and cuddling them to our empty bellies. I felt for them, they really had looks on there faces that they had been at this a long time.

I have mixed feelings at the mo about the operation and will have to work through them. I am pleased I am being taken seriously and they are looking into it but am scared, nervous, worried, apprehensive etc...

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you went and met with the dr and that they're taking you seriously. everytime you get a little apprehensive about the surgery and the hsg, just think about how much these two procedures will help you get closer to your goal to being a mother. for women like us who suffer from endo, laps are the best way to detect problems when we're trying to get preggo and to remove the endo that is blocking any needed pathways...and be glad your are having the hsg during the lap and not during an office visit- OUCH! I handled my first 2 surgeries like a champ, not so much the 3 and 4 or the 7th.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds odd to me. I had an HSG done and it was based on those results that they determined whether I needed to have a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. I would hate for nothing to show up on the HSG and you have to have needless surgery. I guess all doctor's do things differently. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't get why infertility ahs to share waiting rooms with ante-natal... I mean really, sometimes it honestly seems like the whole world is conspiring to make you lose it.

    I'm glad your appt went relatively well and that you at least have something booked that might help get you some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you are on your way to getting some stuff done and some answers. Endo SUX ASS!!! My pain isn't much better currently after starting back on BCPs for pain, etc.

    Hopefully the lap and hyst. will clear you up and let you get preggo! I will say lots of prayers for you!!!

    PS I totally have experienced the head down, purse clutching silence of the OB/Gyn waiting room. It is painful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how scary these procedures can be...but I'm really glad that you are doing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how will your doctor remove the endo? excision is the best....if it's not excised, it's not fully removed, and can recur...the deep roots need to be removed...it can infiltrate places like the bladder and bowel

    also, ask about the locations that they will check and their level of skill in removing it from delicate areas

    please look into these sites and consider getting an expert opinion from some place like the CEC - once i talked to the doctor, it made the decision for me...they know what they're doing! good luck

    if you have endo, what you need is excision surgery! endo is by definition outside the uterus, not in, and you need to have endo removed, not your uterus...i had endo on the bowels, the bladder, the cul-de-sac, the sciatic nerve etc etc..and it was removed!

    here are some great sites...also, if you have heavy bleeding,, natural bio-identical progesterone can help EASILY! please get an endo expert's opinion, or more than one! the CEC is amazing, and they do free records reviews

    centerforendo.com

    endometriosissurgeon.com

    endoexcision.com

    pelvicpain.com

    naprotechnology.com

    fertilitycare.org

    endo101.com

    johnleemd.com

    omsoul.com has the lists of doctors who help women conceive naturally

    endometriosis.org

    endo-resolved.com

    erc.activboard.com/

    and if you have not looked into the endo diet, please do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!