Thank you all for my suggestions and helpful comments. I live in the UK and am on the NHS, it works a lot different to the health system in the USA. Basically it is free but because of that the waiting times and procedure are different. My Dr says they haven't performed a HSG on its own for 15 years, A hysteroscopy can be done but he recommends as well laparoscopy because we know I have endo and my symptoms are getting worse. I feel I want to get it over and done with and not keep hanging around waiting. There is no way of me getting a second opinion unless I go back to my GP and be asked to be referred to a different specialist and then start from scratch and be put at the beginning of the waiting list again which I don't want.
I am OK about the lap. It has been 4 1/2years since my last one which is pretty good going. I know what to expect this time round so all will be fine
Thursday, 16 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I got ya! That makes a lot more sense to me now. I would totally go with your doc and get stuff done as soon as you can!!!! As someone that keeps on waiting, I can sympathize!
ReplyDeleteGood luck girlie!!
Thanks for the clarification! I totally see why now. Good Luck!!
ReplyDeleteI've just found your blog and really enjoy it. I have had endometriosis for 10 years (since 18) and have controlled it with the pill. I am married and too scared to come off the pill as I fear the struggle of TTC. I've pretty much assumed we can't have children before even trying. I also know that time is not on my side but am so terrified about coming off the pill!
ReplyDeleteGood luck x
Just hoping to add some optimism. I was diagnosed with PCOS when TTC, and due to a family history of endo, my RE decided to skip the HSG and go riht to the lap and hysteroscopy. I had no endo symptoms at the time. Well, during the surgery I was determined to have level 2 endo, SIN and adneomys (which I can never spell correctly.) The RE told me I would be more fertile for the next 3 months because of the procedure, and wouldn't you know it I was pregnant the very next month! Apparently I had a strong immunological reaction to my moderate endo which was preventing pregnancy. So I'm glad you are having the surgery, and hope you recover quickly and wish you the VERY BEST of luck!!!
ReplyDeletesorry you have to do a lap. again.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm hopeing that the lap with the hsg will help you to get preg. much sooner. Praying for you..
Hugs,
Hannah