Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Not taking it well.

I was convinced I wouldn't be booked in for a laparoscopy yet. I thought he would do a HSG first. I understand I am having it all done at once but I don't want another operation if its not needed. In answer to a few of you, the endo will be excised which is good as I had it lasered when I had my first surgery. My DH also has to have his sperm tested which is good. I am pleased the Dr suggested this as we all know its not always the women's fault for not conceiving. DH seems ok about having the SA so thankfully I don't have to keep boosting his ego and convincing him he is still a real man, lol!

I have been down all afternoon. Been very quiet which really isn't me. I am normally the loud, jokey one, but instead I have retreated within myself and stayed there. I guess all of you are wondering why I am so down. Its not like this is the end of the world. It may even help me conceive. I don't even know why I am so down. I think it is the realisation that this is not going to be an easy journey.

I was looking back on my conversation with the Dr and I remembered him saying that the only other option if I don't want surgery is IVF. I remember thinking, 'hang on, that's a bit drastic!' IVF maybe an option for the future but it is just that, in the future. I am unsure why he would say this but he moved onto the next subject so quickly I did not have time to question him.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are having a bad day. They seem to out number the good days the deeper you get into this whole process. Hang in there. Lots of hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had, um, let me look (just blogged about it today) 3 abdominal laps and waiting for the call to get #4 scheduled today. It's a SUPER EASY surgery. Super easy. And if it was me, I'd rather just get it done and scheduled so no more time is wasted. OF COURSE, though, if it does bother you - speak up to your doc about getting the HSG first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you really don't want to have another lap done, maybe you should get a second opinion. What could it hurt? You could keep your appointment, so if the new doc says the same thing you didn't lose any time. I had a HSG done months before I ever had my lap. Maybe your doc is pushing it because of your endo, I don't know. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. please see >

    http://about-orphans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. His comment for that was probably b/c of your endometriosis. It creates a VERY hostile environment in your ute. The fertilization, and "in vivo" culturing environment of a endo. ute. are very hostile. It has been proven that women with endo. have an inflammatory state in the peritoneal fluid- which is basically what an embryo grows in in the ute...and it is not conducive for proper growth after fertilization. THEN there is the inflammatory process that makes it hard to implant if it does grow to that stage. It is a very complicated disease...then you add any adhesions..and dysfunction uterine lining..etc. etc. There is a great book that explains it called "The A.R.T of IVF" that helped me to understand why endo makes natural conception more difficult.

    Maybe that was what he was saying with if you don't get the surgery to remove the endo- and that is why you would need IVF to get pregnant.

    I would DEFIANTLY ask about the HSG- I totally had it as a procedure alone. Sometimes that can be curative in and of itself. I would really push to get the HSG first, and your DH's SA first. Laproscopies and other surgeries are not always the best FIRST choice. You have risks of adhesions and decreased fertility with each surgery, and you have already had one....Honestly- sometimes it is an easy way for the to just "do something" about what is going on, and not looking at other options.

    If is were me (and I KNOW you are at the edge of your seat wondering what Lorza would do..:))...I would insist on the HSG and SA first. Then go from there. um, that is just me though. :)

    Good luck girl!!! I just hope you can get done whatever needs to be done so you have your little bambino!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!