I have had the afternoon off work and it has been great. I sadly surfed the net way too much and didn't do enough house work!! At least I have now caught up on all my blogs!
I have 2 friends coming over for dinner tomorrow night and it will be the first time I shall be entertaining and cooking a 3 course meal. Cooking is not my thing, but recently I have really got into it and enjoyed it and have a few dishes I feel I can cook well. Shall be a good evening, especially because I can enjoy lots of wine without worrying! See..... I am still trying to keep positive about being on a break...!
Had a small breakdown last night and burst into tears in front of DH. I generally try not to cry in front of anyone but it just suddenly appeared. I received the letter from the hospital confirming the time and date of my laparoscopy. The part that upset me was where it said I had to be dropped off at 8am and left. I cant have anyone stay with me. I am nervous as it, and the thought of DH not being there when I go down for the operation and not being able to give me a kiss, and not being there when I wake up really upsets me. I don't want to be alone. I had my wisdom teeth out a couple of years ago and I was alone then and I hated it. When I had my lap a few years ago, my DH was there holding my hand when I woke up and did not leave my side once. I will miss that. I know he is upset about it as well as he really worries me. He has told me that he will sit in the hospital car park all day until he can pick me up. I have said no. It would not be a good thing for him and he needs to look after Maddy for me whilst I am away.
Edit:
Because I am getting my lap done on the NHS, they sadly dont allow anyone to stay with you for day operations which is rubbish. It was the same when I had all 4 wisdom teeth out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Dropped off and left alone? I've never heard of that, and I've had 3 laps! Where are you getting the surgery done?
ReplyDeleteWhy can't you have anyone with you? That's odd.
ReplyDeletethat seems weird....they won't let him wait in the waiting room? huh. sending you a big hug. and good luck with dinner!
ReplyDeleteThat was really sweet of DH to say that:)
ReplyDeleteHave a good time with the friends and wine tomorrow...
So sorry they won't allow DH to be with you. Seems unfair that they won't allow the comfort of a loved one's presence.
ReplyDeleteJust saw your pics---what a cute pup Maddy is! :)
*ICLW*
:( being all alone sucks!! deep breaths!
ReplyDeletexoxo
wow I didn't know the NHS was that much of an ass, I'm shocked to read that they won't let anyone stay with you.
ReplyDeleteI hope your dinner went well.