Monday, 27 April 2009

Running in the rain

I went out for a run at lunch time, in the pouring rain. I actually enjoyed it! I didn't notice the rain halfway round and now I have a bit of a high. I am pleased with myself that I managed to motivate myself to do this run. I am running for a few reasons; to lose weight, to get fit, and to keep my mind off stresses and worries.

I have 5 weeks to get down to the weight I want to be. I am 153 pounds and a BMI of 25.5 which I know is not too bad, a little over weight but I am sick of it. I am an in between size in clothes, I have what I call a 'muffin top' where my belly spills over the top of my jeans a little, it is not very attractive. Maybe because I am not in peak physical condition I haven't got pregnant yet? I would say unlikely as I am only a little overweight, but I don't want my weight to be even a slight issue.

7 comments:

  1. I love the rain! It sounds wonderful to have a run it it. I'm trying to lose some weight too, in the vain hope that it will have an effect on my fertility.

    It can be really hard to be on a break, but it can really be a relief too. It can be a great opportunity to fortify yourself for what is to come.

    I wish you the best!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are enjoying your running;) it can't hurt either and your right it may help some with getting preg. in the future.. Hope you have a great day Nic!!

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So my BFP really could've been just stats (throw enough sperm at enough eggs and it should work), or it could've been the improved odds with having just had a failed stimulated cycle, BUT... I personally think my running had something to do with it. Partly because I used to be a runner, partly because I got pregnant while running the farthest I ever have. And well, partly because I found a study or two (online) where it talks about running improving the way body's handle insulin, thus improve fertility.

    Maybe it was all three, maybe it was none, but I think running can't hurt so if it makes you feel good, go nuts. I got knocked up WHILE running:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm only a little overweight so it shouldn't be affecting things so much. But then I'm doing all these other crazy things to have a baby, losing some pounds should be a no-brainer.

    Congrats on getting into running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you for staying motivated, even in the rain!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I wouldn't do it, and I complain about my weight all the time! (yes, I'm that girl.)

    Good luck losing that little bit :)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I don't have your motivation. Losing weight is so hard. Keep it up!
    Visit my non profit blog and website www.parenthoodforme.org
    We need help spreading the word.
    Erica
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!