I did it, I have taken a sick day. I never do this unless I am dying! I really needed this day off though. My cramps are really bad but I am also very exhausted and mentally drained. As I mentioned in my last post, I am not in a good place right now and I found it was affecting my decision making and concentration which is not good in my job. Therefore this is also a mental health day!
I spent all morning in bed sleeping and reading. I tried to take my dog for a quick walk as she was restless but I got to the park and was exhausted. I struggled to walk back and when I did get home, I collapsed on the sofa. This is not me and not normal, even for me and my AF. I am however bleeding loads. I think maybe I am anaemic as my skin colour is not good and (TMI alert!) I am having to change my tampon every 2 hours! I have to set my alarm in the night so I can get up and change my tampon! In the night I can only go every 3 hours before having to change my tampon.
I think I will be off to bed again in a bit for another nap. I cant believe how at the moment my exhaustion is worse than my cramps. I need to feel better as I am on duty all weekend again and I am sure I will be busy as work has been so busy recently, especially phone calls and emergencies in the middle of the night.
Thursday, 19 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



mental health days are very important. glad you took one! sending you a big hug!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog, read your heading and realized we are in the exact same situation. No one knows we're TTC and after 18 months it's really starting to wear on me!
ReplyDeleteJenn: TTC is def a lonely and exhausting time. Would love to read your blog. It is great to be able to share with everyone here, shame we cant do it in the real world as well.
ReplyDeleteI come to you early for ICLW..I am going to be celebrating Mardi Gras and in a parade....I read your blog and felt like you need some HUGS!!!! I am sorry you are so lonely, but I hope you find some comfort here in the blogosphere. I am sending you lots of comforting love. Good luck girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy profile is blocked (another blog for my IRL peeps), so my ttc website is www.ttc-wildride.blogspot.com
THANKZS
oh goodness! that is quite a bit of bleeding. do you eat meat? you should eat a lot of meat right now. and spinach. let's replace some of that volume.
ReplyDelete:) glad that you were able to take a day off. you definitely need some time to feel better. pls take care of yourself. can you get a mani/pedi? that always seems to help me!!
xoxo
I totally support mental health days. I took one myself this week! You just have to sometimes.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for taking care of yourself!! Hang in there - hope you're feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteICLW...
ReplyDeleteJust sending some hugs and hope you feel better. I read back a few posts and can relate to your feelings as of late.
Thinking of you...
I hope that you are feeling better in every way soon!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for taking a menatal health day. It's important. I hope today finds you feeling better. HUGS
ReplyDelete*ICLW*
I hope you're doing better soon. I took off Friday as a mental health day: I'm glad I did.
ReplyDeleteIf you are anemic are you getting enough iron and such?
ICLW
Yikes! That's a lot of bleeding. I hope it slows down soon.
ReplyDeleteICLW