Thanks to Christa, I have been reminded it is Endometriosis awareness month in March. I am now on a mission to go shopping and purchase some yellow items for me to wear this month.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis at the age of 18 when I got rushed into hospital with a suspected appendicitis! I have always suffered from very bad periods and cramps. I remember when I was younger throwing up every cycle due to the pain, and my mum telling me off the whole time (she was so supportive and still is!!!). I was put on the pill at 16 due to my awful periods and in 2004 I had a laser laparoscopy to try to clear my endo. I have since been to multiple doctors and have put off having another lap due to me being at university, and then my graduation and now my work. I have put it off for 3 years now as it knocked me for 6 last time and not sure how I will cope with my second lap. I am however off to the specialist on 18th April if I do not fall pragnant to get me booked in for my lap.
My endo has ruled my life and I do not like it. It causes me so much pain, causes fatigue, gets me down and depressed and it is causing me to battle with TTC. I came off the pill in October after trying multiple times to come off previously but the pain has been too great. I have to say, I am not coping very well off the pill. My pain is terrible, my periods are terrible and I am a very unhappy person. I am however, so desperate for a baby I am willing to try anything now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I just wanted to send you a HUG. I know what you're going through. Has your dr talked to you about having a lap to get rid of the endo in order to help you get pregnant? That is why I had my lap in July along with draining cysts. But then we found out there was too much damage. I can name 15 people who live in my small town who all had a lap, then were able to get pregnant. If you ever need to vent...feel free. I know completely what you're going through- including feeling like the husband's not on board. :)
ReplyDelete