I guess I should be taking my 2 lines in 2009 symbol down from my blog seeing that there is no hope. I have 6 months of shots of Zoladex to suppress my ovaries. Apparently I will not ovulate for 6 months, will not have a period for 6 months and will go through the menopause for 6 months. Oh the excitement, I cant wait! (Note sarcasm!!!) I asked if there was any hope that I could get pregnant with these shots and the answer was 'NO'. Even if I did ovulate and then get pregnant, my body would not be able to support it as I will not have any hormones to support it.
I guess I do not have to have these shots. I could talk to my doc about going straight to IVF, or poss IUI? Problem is my endo is still there, they didn't remove any of it so I will be in so much pain whilst TTC, like the last 6 months. I am better off health wise to do the 6 months of shots, suck it up, stop whining and complaining, have my surgery and then TTC after that. I don't know what route I will take with the TTC after my surgery. Maybe the traditional way for a while and then poss IVF if that doesn't work. I don't know. All I know is that my mind is working over time and I don't know what I want, other than a baby and that doesn't look likely for ages now.
On another note, my DH is having fun in a clinic room at the moment as he is having his first sperm analysis today. I just hope that he has plenty of swimmers and his sperm is not another problem to add to our list. If it is a problem we will deal with it, but it would be nice to have one piece of luck now and again.
How do I get out of this slump? How do I pick myself up? I had such big hopes for this surgery and now everything is put on hold. Its the waiting that is getting to me.
Thursday, 4 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I agree with you doc, as much as I know you do't want that to be the case. You have to get your body back to a good spot before you ttc. That endo really gives off pregnancy preventing antibodies- I would hate for you embies to not stick b/c of that.
ReplyDeleteAs far as how to get through it? Um..I have no really good answers on that one- I am still trying myself. It is basically day by day for me. Just waiting and waiting. Ugh. I read a lot of books, and dabble in crafts..and work. Yippee. AND BLOG! lol
Good luck sweetie!
ugh.. I'm so sorry!! I would be upset too!!!
ReplyDeleteas for when to TTC??? I wish I had the answer for you.. I guess whatever you feel is best for you.. and you might not even know for sure what that is right now..
I'm really glad that your DH is getting a sperm analysis today!!
and I really hope that its GOOD NEWS!!
I really didn't know or realize how important this was myself at first.. I didn't think my husband had a problem too..But he did:(
And it was a pretty bad problem too.. We were told we could not concieve on our own without a "miracle" happening.
sorry your in a slump.. And I don't know when... but I do believe that you'll pick yourself up:) I'll be here either way slump or not.. however long it takes.. Hoping that for your own sake its not too long though:)
Hoping for good news for you and your dh today:)
Hugs,
Hannah
arg, nic...just catching up. this is crap news, but i'm so glad that you had it done and caught it now. i know so many people who waited and didn't find this info out until they were 40 yrs old!! 6 months does seem like a long time. what are they recommending? is this the ONLY option?
ReplyDeletei'm thinking about you and trying to send you some positive vibes over the pond. xoxo
sending you a big hug. I can't tell you the right answer, because I know how painful waiting is, but you should listen to your body. i think the right answer is to follow the doctor, heal your body so that when you get pg you will feel good, but only you know the answer. praying you are able to come to a decision that you are at peace with!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for this bad news. I wish this didn't have to happen. But 6 months is not ages from now. It will be here before you know it. It seems like the holidays just passed, but now it's already June. Maybe you can find another goal to work to keep you busy during that time?
ReplyDeleteI have no good words of wisdom (I never do) but I'm sending you love.
ReplyDelete