Sunday, 21 June 2009

IComLeavWe: June

Welcome all. Some of you may know me, others not so I will give you a little run down of myself and my blog. Thanks for visiting!!
  • I am 25, married and a veterinary surgeon.
  • I have a rescue doe g called Maddy
  • We are TTC our first child but isn't quite going to plan
  • I have stage IV endometriosis and hypothyroidism
  • I had my 2nd laparoscopy 3 weeks ago. They could not remove all of the endo and so I am on injections to supress my ovaries for 6 months. I will then be having my 3rd lap to remove the rest of my endo

On a side note: I am back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off work. Wow I am lucky to have such a long time off!! In some ways and looking forward to going back. seeing all of my colleagues who are good friends, I have missed them!

I have my MRI on Tuesday to check the nodules on my liver that they found during my lap. I am feeling so nervous, I am so claustrophobic! I am also nervous about the results of course!

14 comments:

  1. I hope the nodules are benign...

    I and hubby too have been trying to have our first....

    Good Luck to you!

    *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your MRI and your first day back!

    *ICLW*

    www.prayingforourlittlemiracle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking and praying for you sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nic,

    I'm still following your blog, and I was sorry to hear about your 6-month "break" from TTC. Hopefully, time will fly by and you'll be refreshed and ready to go when it's time to try again. Good luck with the MRI- they're more noisy than claustrophobic, I found, so if you have ear plugs definitely bring them or pick some up from your local pharmacy. Good luck! And thanks for your kind comments. I can't express how much they mean to me.
    B

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet Nic, I hope the MRI is fine-- I keep my eyes closed BEFORE they put me inside, and it works every time -- I feel as if I am in more control that way.

    I hope your return to work is good and that your energy lets you get through the day easily.

    And sure hoping the results of your MRI are good-- you deserve a whole decade of good news!

    take care,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nic,

    Hi! I just found your blog after reading a comment you left on The In's and Out's of Endo.

    I have endometriosis. I am sorry to hear about your closely-spaced surgeries (I've had 7) and about your nodules that need to be checked (I've had various nodules and tumors over the years).

    I'm sorry you're nervous and hope everything goes well for you with the MRI. Good luck with your next lap too.

    I'm sending positive energy your way!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I'm a newbie ICLW and I found your blog through the list! :)

    I love your "pointless" post about kissing...makes me feel normal because we stopped "making out" a long time ago and we peck a lot and like you, I don't know why we stopped. :)

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a lot of surgery. I hope it works and they can get rid of the endo. It is such an awful disease.
    As for the MRI, if you can try to be as sleepy as possible. That may help you to zone out. I was terrified at mine. And I'm not claustrophobic. The only thing that helped was to pretend I was sleeping. Good luck.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you have a tough road ahead -- I hope you find success in your TTC journey. Good luck with your MRI -- I had one too and it was hard not to freak out, but I did manage to keep it together. :)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the welcome and the breakdown on your situation. I'm sorry that you have to have another surgery. I realize that it's all for a good thing, but I imagine you must be disappointed that they couldn't do it in one shot. I hope you're feeling better, and that work won't be too overwhelming.

    Thanks for sharing.

    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck as you continue your journey. SO sorry about all the laproscopies and medical stuff...no fun.

    LOVE your blog layout, especially the flower border! :)

    *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy ICLW! Good luck with your MRI! Enjoy going back to work. Isn't it nice when you actually miss your co-workers when your gone for that long?!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy ICLW!!! Hope your MRI is going to today. They are the pits for me b/c I am slightly claustrophobic. blah!

    How is the book going- The Land of IF? Did you get it yet?

    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy ICLW!! It is nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!