Thursday, 25 June 2009

I need chocolate....!

I am on this fat fighters diet and I had my weigh in last night. I had lost 1.5 pounds, so that's 6.5 pounds I have lost so far. Not bad. Problem is, I am so bored of fruit and vegetables and being healthy! Its fine most of the time but right now I have the biggest chocolate craving ever! I am having a fruity cereal bar instead! Yum!

Work is not quite taking away all of my thoughts regarding lack of TTC. I think I am doing well, I think I have pushed all of my wants and needs for a baby to one side for now and then I see a baby, a bump or something on TV and then all of my wants come flooding back to me and I find I get a little emotional. I just blame it on the medication and push everything away into a dark deep place and try to lock the door once more. Not healthy I know, but how else does one deal with wanting something so much you cant explain it and knowing you definitely cant have it for 6 months, but you may not ever be able to have it? I think I could cope better if I knew I was putting myself through this and there definitely would be a baby at the end. I would be more at peace with it. I guess you all know how I am feeling right now. A baby is never a certain thing, despite how much we want it.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss!

    I think we would all be a little more sane if we knew all this heartache would end with a BFP and a baby...

    Try taza chocolates if you reeaally need chocolate. I keep one of the small discs of the Chocolate Mexicano Guajillo Chili at my desk at work - one tiny little triangle is enough because it is so intense. And yummy! The only ingredients are cacao beans, organic cane sugar and guajillo chili :).

    They have lots of other flavors, too, plus plain.

    They are definitely my new favorite chocolate now (and Hubby's too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think I could cope better if I knew I was putting myself through this and there definitely would be a baby at the end."

    YES! I so get this sentiment. Many times I wished for a 30 second peak at my life a year or two into the future. Just so I could know. I'd still go through hell to get there but at least I'd know. It's the uncertainly that is so hard to take.

    Hang in there with the diet. The cravings will ease with time. I believe that sugar is an addiction (much like alcohol...in fact...exactly like alcohol since alcohol is all sugar). When I am nor drinking (like now when I am pregnant) I neeeed dessert...crave sugar like crazy. You body will adjust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on losing the weight. That's such an accomplishment. Keep going. It's okay to give yourself a little, but don't go crazy.

    I feel you! I sometimes wish I could just see into the future to "know" that I'll have a baby. Then all this waiting would be less stressful and hard. But, unfortunately, there is no crystal ball!!!
    ~Michelle (ICLW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing GREAT on your diet. I am just a tard...my thing is breads. I just eat them. :) No wonder I am overweight- I have no self control. It is so hard when you are gloomy!

    I am sorry you are feeling emotional- that medicine really does do a number on your doesn't it? {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with that statement about how it would be easier if you knew it would be a baby at the end - I always think about that. This stuff is totally worth it, but it would make it easier (the pain, the frustration, the cost) if we could KNOW it would work. But, there are no guarantees. I guess we just all have to know that this is part of our plan and that everything is a gift and go from there - easier said than done! Sigh :)

    Lindsey
    fertilejourneys.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! for the weight loss!!!

    I totally agree with everything you say about how you feel... I do think its how most of us feel too..

    Its a hard pill to swollow:(

    Thinking of you..

    HUGS,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nic- so glad the MRI is over and so sorry it was horrid. the eye closed thing works wonders though, it does.
    hope you never have to do another.
    Congratulations on the weight loss! good for you!

    And about the wanting, I wish I had magical words to share, but all I can say is I hear you, I hear you.

    Take care and nibble some dark chocolate, let it melt on your tongue. It has phytochemicals that are good for you. At least,that is what I tell myself.

    warmly
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you deserve some chocolate after all you have been through. How about something that wouldn't break the diet? Chocolate milk? A fudgesicle? Chocolate pudding?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with the weight loss! Awesome! I hope the chocolate craving passed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the weight loss!

    my two cents: if you are craving something (like chocolate) go out and get a small chocolate treat. Otherwise you will end up fixating on it and it will drive you nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great news on the weight loss.

    I am new here, from ICLW and was sad to see that you are on a forced 6 month hiatus. Also hoping your MRI results come back with positive news.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the 6.5 pounds! I need to get my butt in gear, too!

    I wish I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, too. I know that one day I will be a mom, I just don't know if I will ever be pregnant. It's a long road when the end is uncertain. Good luck!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!