Saturday, 6 June 2009

I have opened up to people

No one knew we were TTC and actually I have only told one close friend. People do now know that we may have troubles getting PG and IVF maybe an option. I have basically told friends and family to get them off our backs. I have become sick of the constant asking when we are going to have kids. I thought that if I told them about this 6 months of suppressing my ovaries and how we may not find it easy getting PG they would stop asking and talking about it.

Do they not get that I DON'T want to talk about it with them!!

My MIL last insensitive comment was: 'Well if you are having IVF you better have twins so you will be done having children'. Do I need to explain how that comment is wrong for so many reasons?!?

2 comments:

  1. They can pound sand.
    When folks are insensitive assholes, it makes this so much harder than it has to be. And dang, it already is so hard.
    Nic, I wish on you peace in this. You are doing everything you possibly can- gathering information, getting care, you are laying the groundwork for babymaking. And your MIL? wrong for so many reasons.

    Hang in there sweetie,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I can't believe what your MIL said! That would really bother me. People just don't understand. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!