Tuesday, 30 June 2009

In limbo

Not much going on in my TTC life. Am in limbo at the mo and for the next 5 months. Its been 1 month since my injection, 1 down, 5 more to go!! Am off for my 2nd injection on Thursday. Not looking forward to it, firstly because it is a painful depo injection, but secondly because it means I am putting myself through the menopause for another month. I am very tempted not to get it done, but I know it wont make my endo better which is the whole point of these injections.

As far as side effects go, they have calmed down quite a bit. I have the odd hot flush or cold sweat. Have had a few headaches but nothing major. The worst is when I drink alcohol, I have a terrible hot flush. I am on a diet though so I am not really drinking alcohol at the moment anyway.

I miss chocolate and alcohol and cakes and sweets and biscuits......mmm........!
I am determined to get in shape for 6 months when I will be ready for TTC again. Must lose weight, must ignore cravings!!

3 comments:

  1. Taking his time to get your body healthy is the best thing you can do...even though it's super hard to do. I'm cheering you on !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it all seems futile now- but the lupron will stop more of that evil invader from growing. It will help you.

    Good luck on your weight loss. I am just despondent about my weight. This is the heaviest I have ever been, and I am supposed to be getting healthy for IVF sometime....fall maybe? The BCPs are killing me! I don't eat a lot=about 1300 to 1500 calories a day...I just keep gaining weight. ugh. I do all the good breakfast, snacks, etc. I do drink a little alcohol, but I cut back on carbs during the day when I do. sigh. It is such a battle isn't it?

    um, sorry I hijacked your comments. :)

    Congrats on your 1/5 of the way progress!! YEAH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I know it sucks waiting, but peeveme is right, getting your body healthy is ~wonderful~ and the best thing you can do.

    Go Nic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!