Is not fun. I have had dizzy spells, hot flushes and cold sweats. I have also been a little emotional. I don't want to be going through this for 6 months. I will have enough of it once I am older. I cant even enjoy alcohol any more as it gives me terrible hot flushes!! I weaned myself off the pain killers and decided to have a glass of wine to celebrate. I had a terrible hot flush and had to give the wine to DH!!
I am having trouble accepting this treatment. I know I have said it a few times and you guys must be bored of me going over the same stuff all the time, I know I am bored with myself! I do not want to have these injections for 6 months, another surgery after that and then start TTC again. It will mean a break of 8 months. I want to start TTC once I am better from this lap. I want to investigate the IVF possibility once I am better from this lap. I want a baby once I am better from this lap. My mum always said 'what you want and what you get are two different things'. How right was she.
I guess I do not have to have these injections. I do not have to have this 3rd lap in 6 months, I could just start TTC again, but that would be silly. I would be ignoring medical advice, I would be in loads of pain like I was off the pill the last 6 months and I would not get pregnant due to my severe endo. So, why can I not accept that this is the way it has to work. The best way for me to get my eventual baby. Why am I having trouble accepting?
Thursday, 11 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh I wish I wish they could do your lap sooner :(. I'm so sorry you're miserable right now. Hopefully your side effects will calm down soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you are going through this! Having gone through about the same protocol, I can tell you, there is an end. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but you ARE doing what's best for you. If you do start to get headaches more often, ask about progesterone supplements, they helped me immensely.
ReplyDeleteOH NIC!! I'm so sorry about all the horrible Menopause like symptoms:(
ReplyDeleteDon't be too hard on your self.. if I was in your position I would feel the same way!!! (I wouldn't want to accept it either) But I'm hoping that this all gets easier for your sake:( I hate it that your going through this!!!
You can tell us whatever your feeling... I'm here to give you support through what ever your going through:)
HUGE HUGS,
Hannah
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. sending you a great big hug!
ReplyDeleteThis just sucks :( I can't even imagine all the symptoms you are going through right now. BIG BIG HUGS!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're having such a horrible time with this treatment. That must be painful.
ReplyDeleteI do not blame you for having trouble accepting this, Nic, it is NOT what you wanted, not even close. And it also makes you feel like shit. that being said, I also know/hope that this treatment will help you feel better at the least by taking away your beastly periods for a while and for setting you up for endo treatment that will help make TTC possible. If you can ask for more information before then, so you can feel better about your treatment plan, please do! you deserve to know reasoning and options and make informed decisions. Since your endo was so extensive, I bet they will want to treat it before trying IVF to make it more likely to succeed.
ReplyDeleteI see two things here as wonderful worthwhile goals-- a healthy Nic
and a healthy pregnancy
I wish you could be more comfortable this next while while you go through this, please don't feel afraid to ask for information from the med folks. I know your system of care is markedly different than mine, but hopefullly you can get support and information. Thinking of you!
Kate
ps when I was on clomid I was insane. Depressed, hot flashy, felt like shit- I left myself a note (and my darlin too)) saying "IT'S JUST THE CLOMID, THIS IS NOT ME" and it helped keep it in perspective as a temporary shitty thing, but not forever.
Having trouble accepting cause it DOES suck. I hear ya!!! So, you are on the Lupron THEN having surgery? What is their reasoning for that? I've heard that the Lupron can mask the adhesions when they go in. But, I'm not sure about that. With Stage IV, I'm sure there will be plenty to see. How long ago was your 2nd lap?
ReplyDeleteI understand your frustrations and pain!!!! We started out TTC in April of 2007. I never imagine we would have trouble; no one ever thinks about that!!!
There is an end of the treatments..and, everything should even out in a month or two. My hot flashes WERE worse with alcohol, but, those evened out sooner than everything else.
Are you on add-back therapy? I think that helped with my symptoms too. I started out with that with the very first shot.
Hoping that things go well and these next few months fly by!!! :)
I am sorry you are having to go through this girl- but just think of your reward at the end!! :) You can do this- you are strong!!! I was on lupron for 6 months for my endo and it was not fun. After a while I 'got used to it', well as much as a person can. I learned to layer, always carry water and ibuprofen. You will make it through this girlie!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete