.... caused me to nearly have a breakdown! I went shopping this morning and thought I would buy a cute outfit for my SIL's baby. At the moment they do not want to know the sex, but that may change! I went into Mothercare, one of our big mother and baby stores over here and was looking for a cute, neutral outfit. I walked around, saw lots of babies and pregnant people, got hot, itchy and had to get out. I couldn't cope. All the cute baby products was just too much. Reminding me what I did not have. I was nearly in tears. Tears of jealousy, tears of self pity, tears of frustration.
I left with nothing and decided that shopping on the Internet was the way forward! I don't become so emotionally attached if it is online. No touching the outfits and more importantly no pregnant people or babies! I dont know why I reacted so badly, I expected to see babies and bumps everywhere. I guess I am not coping very well.
On another note, I bought 'Navigating the land of IF' as I feel I now qualify as being IF, or at least heading in that direction. Actually, I don't want the IF label yet, maybe just difficulty in conceiving. Anyway, I hope the book helps me to cope.
As suggested, I am also going to make a sign saying 'its not me, its the hormones' whenever I get emotional or grumpy, or angry. Remind myself that this is not really me, but also remind myself it will be worth it in the end. Great advice, thank you.
Monday, 15 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



awww. I am sorry about the shopping trip. It IS HARD- so don't be hard on yourself. You are going through so much, and in such a short amount of time. {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteI personally like to shop online also- that is how I do ALL my baby shopping. PLUS, for me living so far away from everyone I know, I don't have to go to the post office myself...just have it shipping from the store. NICE!!
Mel's book is REALLY GOOD! It is written in her 'real voice'- with funny stories and pithy comments. It is very easy to follow, and helps me to understand so much. Once you get it, make sure you take a picture like I did! :)
I need one of those signs too!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Shopping for others babies is the WORST!
ReplyDeleteI agree to shop online or go to the bookstore and get some baby books. It hurts a little less.
Came over from Stirrup Queens. It is really hard to shop for other peoples' babies. Online shopping is definitely the way to go sometimes.
ReplyDeleteNone of us want the IF label but it does help to know we're not alone. I've ordered Mel's book and can't wait to read it.
I agree, online it the best. That way you don't even have to see the gift or deal with the recipient of the gift, if you don't want to. Just hit click and it sends it to their house:)
ReplyDeleteThank you for getting the book!
ReplyDeleteI agree, online shopping has totally changed the world and now I can hold that type of shopping at arms length when need be. There are times when I can venture into the stores and times when I just don't want to be around it. And then all I have to do is click and the other person is happy and I am happy.
Sweetie Pie! Sounds like torture-- online is best,and do not linger. BUT I have been known to keep a secret bookmark folder called someday that has links to things I like.
ReplyDeleteAnd you-- you are under the influence, your wonderful fine competent worthy self is right there too, just stewed like a tomato. And yes you're on the IF ride, and whatever support you can muster here or in books or wherever-- do-- you are not alone in your aloneness-- it feels like shit but it sure has a wonderful community associated with it.
Hang in there and when you need reminding that you are good and worthy and not broken, just ask. I'm here for you.
Kate