Thursday, 18 June 2009

Fat fighters *updated

My new goal, something to keep my mind off things; is weight loss. I have been trying to lose the weight I put on when I gave up smoking 8 months ago, I am trying to become more healthy, get in better shape. Trying to make my body perfect for once I can eventually start TTC. I am exercising a lot to help me tone and trim.

I have also joined a fat fighting group (I know I shouldn't call them that but I need some humour!). I have joined slimming world. A couple of my friends go and so will be good socially. It may give me the kick up the arse I need to lose this weight. The only problem is that it is so cheesy! You all get weighed, and then sit around in a circle and the coordinator announces how much people have lost or gained and we all clap, cheer or boo!. She never announces the actual weight we are. The diet is hard to follow at the mo, I need to keep checking in the book before I eat anything! I am sure it will get easier.

I love a goal!

***update***
Just to say this group fat fighters, really isn't my thing usually. I did find it very hard not to laugh out loud last night, its so cheesy!! I have tried many other diets and they have not worked so decided this was the next step. I have decided the humiliation may spur me on to lose weight!!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds interesting...not sure I could keep a straight face through it, but I hope it works for you. A lot of people say groups like that works well b/c you're held accountable by other people than yourself. Who knows? Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fat fighters. That is funny..Good luck. I too have tried many things, but nothing really seems to work. I just like food and lack initiative. ugh. Good luck girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    I quit smoking 7.5 years ago and I gained 50 pounds after I did. It was horrible. I finally lost it about 18 months after I quit by eating salads, apples, chicken and egg whites, foods that I have a hard time eating now!!

    I have gained 10-15 pounds through my IVFs and IUIs. I am too lazy to do anything about it now. For example, this morning, I imagined me on the spin bike at the gym or me on the couch drinking coffee. I just heard my coffee maker finish...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the idea of fat fighters. i always do better with a goal. after my first failed ivf i started going to the gym on a regular basis. i decided that if i couldn't get pregnant, i was going to get a rockin body. being able to go with dh was good motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with reaching your goal!

    Weight gain/loss is a battle I hope to one day win myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!