The trip to the IL's was thankfully uneventful. I had geared myself up for the questions, the comments and had come backs ready and a little speech in case the MIL started going on about IVF, grandchildren etc. Thankfully nothing, they asked how I was doing and that was all!
The insensitive comment came from DH's grandma. I told her about my op etc, she asked about kids and I told her it may be difficult, may need IVF etc. She then said to me 'well, we still want grandchildren from you'. OMG! I am working on it! I will do my best!
I am healing well from my lap, the wounds look good, I am on my feet and feeling better. I still cant bend properly or lift heavy things, but feeling better.
On another note; Maddy is doing better, her chest wounds where we did the surgery are healing nicely, but the wounds on her back legs are taking their time. She is a nervous wreck though, poor girl. She is getting lots of cuddles from me though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm glad you and Maddy have each other for comfort as you both heal.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that your feeling better.. And that your trip to your IL's wasn't bad:)
ReplyDeleteSorry about your dh's grandmother though... I don't understand some people..lol But I guess they don't understand either or they wouldn't say the things they do..
also glad to hear that miss maddy is healing:)
so glad that you didn't have to endure too much!! sometimes people really, REALLY don't think about what they say. it's crazy!
ReplyDeleteglad maddy is on the mend.
xoxo
Ha, gotta love the extra pressure from family members. Wow. As if you were shirking your duty to them by not providing grandchildren. Sheesh.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you're healing okay.
I'm glad you're recovering from your lap ok and that Maddy is doing better.
ReplyDeleteIt's a terrible catch22 when speaking to family about the need for IVF... we've always been open, hoping to shut them up about grandkids but they still ask, the question just changed from "when are you going to have kids" to "have you sheduled IVF yet". It did however give us the oppotunity to tell them that the IVF waiting list was at least 12 months and that they should stop asking becuase it's hurtful.
I hope you find the right balance of information to keep the questions to a minimum.
Glad that the weekend went better than you thought. Gotta love family and their wonderful comments.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that Maddy is doing better.
OMG (and this next part may sound a little insensitive)...old people say the craziest things! Of course you're working on it...as long as you live up to her unbending expectations! Glad you're feeling better and weren't interrogated by everyone!
ReplyDeleteSome people just don't understand. :(
ReplyDeleteSo glad Maddy is doing better!