I had to POAS today for my fertility monitor. I thought this was a bit early seeing that I am on day 9 of my cycle. I normally ovulate on day 16 but was day 15 last cycle. I was really hoping to only use 10 sticks this month so that I have 10 left for next month. I know this could be my cycle that I get my BFP, but I doubt it. I am away at a conference the weekend I am due to ovulate. Is a bit annoying but you never know, if we have sex just before I go and then when I come back the sperm may hang around for my egg? I am only away from Friday morn to Sunday eve.
I have my hospital appointment on the 15 April and am looking forward it as want a chat and suggest HSG etc. The only problem is that I will be due on that day so I may be happy with a BFP or pissed off with a BFN. If AF does arrive I don't think I would be able to make love to the ultrasound wand. It is bad enough trying to insert a tampon, I am doubled over in pain doing that during AF. Also when I had my ultrasound and session with the wand last time I was in so much pain I was in tears and that was mid cycle when I am not usually in pain.
I did bring up the possibility of my DH making love to a cup and he didn't seem overly impressed. I would like a SA done at some point. We all know I have endo but I think DH should get a clean bill of health so we know I am the only one with the problem fertility wise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Good luck with the POAS. Those little strips are expensive. I got some off of ebay, and that was A LOT better than Walgreens let me tell you! I say BD before you leave out of town. You just never know do you?
ReplyDeleteAs far as getting an US during AF's visit. I had to have one cd2 or 3 when they were monitoring a while cycle. NOT FUN...but it is do-able. Just think "Baby" the whole time. I also think when I had my HSG, it had to be either 5 or 7 days after my period...something like that.
Good luck girl!!
I hope you get a BFP this month:) Its also good to you have an appointment scheduled.
ReplyDeleteAs far the "SA", me and DH "don't like it all".. In Fact I hate it..lol it just came done to having to have that done before my obgyn would put me on "clomid". And then you guessed it.. thats when we found out about dh IF... my obgyn ordered another SA just to make sure the results were the same. It was.. then he was referred to a urologist. He had to done 1 or 2 SA for him. The urologist didn't know what was causing this. DH has unexpained IF, I think thats commen in males though..
I do hope that theres no problem with your dh's fertility.. You have enough to deal with already:(
Hugs,
Hannah
I understand the difficulties of work travel while trying to time TTC. But the sperm should stick around for a few days.
ReplyDeleteDon't you hate it when you and your DH have to be apart when your scheduled to O. Hope it either happens early or late for you so the timing is right.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that the u/s are so painful for you. Hopefully it will be better next time.
Nic, I hope this cycle is it for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my blog!
ReplyDeleteI think it is smart to get DH to do a SA as well. It is so easy compared to the testing you have to do!
I hope the hsg goes easily(if you have to do it) for me, the trick was to breathe deep and try and relax every muscle. A little weird, but it helped a lot.
The monitor seems wack but I conceived my son with one. So I say that better sooner than later.
ReplyDeleteBabydust****
Thank you for your support. I think he found the blog. Things have been escalating, but I am safe. I will let you know when I have a chance to set up a new blog.
ReplyDelete(ICLW) Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteI can really relate to your post - especially the part about your DH and the cup. My husband had real issues with this, too. I hope your DH will see that you are putting yourself through so much to try to have a baby, that this is the least he can do.
I hope you get a BFP and don't need that appointment after all! GL!!
Wishing you the best of luck! ICLW
ReplyDeleteps thanks for all your comments- you are awesome! I hope you have a good weekend- are you on call or is this the weekend you are going out of town? Good luck girl!
ReplyDelete