Saturday, 28 March 2009

PG news, I will be an auntie!

My brother has just announced that my SIL is pregnant! What was the first thing I did? Burst into tears, not tears of joy but jealousy. I am such a bitch! They weren't trying, they are 20 and still have 2 years of college left. I know a baby is a blessing at any time and I would never regret a pleasant surprise like this but I cant help the jealousy. I have been trying and got a BFN and they weren't and have a BFP! Life is just not fair! Thankfully I am home alone in floods of tears, my DH would just not understand why I am so upset.

Jealous bitch being put to one side.....OK.. I am very pleased for them. All my SIL wants is to be a stay at home mum and have lots of children so it is great for her. My brother is also desperate to have a family so they are lucky and are very happy.

The sad thing is that they live in the USA and I love in the UK so I will hardly get to see my niece or nephew and will miss it growing up. I wasn't planning to go back to the USA until they had a baby but didn't think it would be for a few years.

I am still in tears and so jealous!

7 comments:

  1. yeah, that's hard. My younger sister just had a baby. It's hard b/c I'm both crazy jealous and want to be happy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How your feeling is normal. I would probably be doing the same thing if my sister gave me that news. Don't feel bad for feeling that way! Hope you feel better soon:)

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that is difficult news! I've only heard pg announcements of friends -- it must be so much harder for it to be family. I'm sorry. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel you. We all do. It's normal and you just can't help it. Don't feel badly for feeling jealous. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh sweetie, I'm sorry, I know how hard it is to watch family members have happy suprises while you face month after month of nothing. I think the worst is coming to terms with your jealousy - it's OK to feel this way, please remember that.

    The distance does actually make it a little easier, you'll love that kid like nothing else but it's easier to not have the pregnancy happen right in front of you.

    Take the time and cry, I hope things look up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hard. {{HUGS}} Hopefully you will be able to stay in touch with all this technology we have at our disposal these days. My sister and her two kids have lived as far away as the other side of the US from me...but frequent phone calls, letters, emails, and now videos keep us really close. When my sister would visit the kids knew who I was immediatly and would hug and kiss me. I am truely blessed!!! Now there is even Skype- free video telephone. REALLY REALLY COOL!!!! Good luck girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!