Been on duty since Friday morning and it has been manic. I got called out Friday eve and then again at 1.30am this morning. Annoyingly I got back in bed just gone 3 am this morning and DH asked why I was cold. I told him I had just been to a sheep that was having problems giving birth and had to help it. He couldn't remember me getting the phone call or leaving for work or coming back!! Cant believe he manages to sleep through my very loud phone and me getting up and getting change! Doesn't bode well for when we do have a baby, he will sleep through all the crying!!
Have been busy most of the day today as well. I am worried as I had to lamb that sheep this morning and this afternoon I had to do a sheep Cesarean. Now pregnant women are not allowed to be around sheep, especially pregnant sheep as there is a risk of catching toxoplasmosis which can cause miscarriages. Now I know I am only 2dpo so who knows at such a early time. What if this was the month, and I have just ruined my chances and I now will not become pregnant. I mentioned this to DH and he obviously thinks I am mad!
I am so tired, need to have a shower and go to bed but is a little early at the moment. Weekends on duty like these really make me worry about being pregnant and being a vet. Once I get pregnant I will refuse to do anything with pregnant sheep but not sure how that would go down with my bosses, they are not very sympathetic. Also if I get called out at 1.30am and am pregnant my boss would have to go do it rather than me which would piss them off!! Also the long hours nearly kill me now, what will it be like once I am pregnant?
On a good note, DH and I are going away for a long weekend on Friday, cant wait. It is what is getting me through these last few days of work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sorry to hear that your weekend is going so crappy. I sure hope that it has turned around since you posted.
ReplyDeleteA weekend trip away...that sounds exactly what you need after a bad weekend! Hope it is great!
I hope that you are getting rested up! I don't worry to much about the sheep right now...or the other stuff currently. Your bosses can be pissed off all they want to, but they can't retaliate- that is against the law!! I know, I know, things are not always black and white! I know that working in healthcare (for people) there are a lot of things preggos can't do for various risks. People with shingles, undiagnosed rashes in kids, unexplained fevers, etc....we would watch out over each other (um, well- I would watch out for THEM)..after all it isn't forever, just for 10 months!
ReplyDelete