DH was very spontaneous this morn with initiating a BD! This was great, he hasn't been very spontaneous recently. Sadly I am not in my fertile window yet, but it doesn't matter, the more BD the better as long as we do not peak too soon again!
Afterwards, we were talking and I said how great it would be to be pregnant and have a baby growing inside my belly. DH agreed and started to rub my belly, was a nice moment as we both thought about the baby we so desperately want.
I then asked DH why we don't talk about TTC and my hospital appointment in April and he admitted he doesn't want me to get stressed out. He doesn't want me to have another laparoscopy because it was so hard on us last time. He had to look after me as I have no one else, and I think it upset him to see me in so much pain. He wants me to put off the hospital appointment till June as he says we would have then had a really good go at TTC and he will then understand me going for a lap if I don't become PG. The thing is, the NHS waiting time is 7 months which is ages. I guess we can be TTC during that time and if it happens I cancel my lap but I am not very good at waiting!
I think I want a HSG to see if my tubes are blocked, if so I can then justify having a laparoscopy etc. I don't know if I can really demand this from my doctor or not? I don't know how the NHS would really feel if I started to demand things like this. I guess there is always private but I don't know how much that would cost and we are meant to be saving money for a house and we don't really have much due to the way the world is at the moment.
Why is it I want everything to happen NOW and it never does?
Sunday, 1 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I don't know where you are, but in the midwest I was able to demand an HSG and have it done within 2 weeks
ReplyDeleteAdam and I did the belly rubbing thing, it feels good to hope! I hope it happens for you VERY soon!
ReplyDeleteNHS or not, you can at the very least ask (if not demand from) your doctor. I'm not entirely sure how the NHS works (we've only been here 4 years) but I'm pretty sure there's still scope for patient request and second opinions etc. So asking shouldn't do any harm.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, you should ask for the HSG...depending on what the doctor's reasoning is, it may be covered under insurance. Good luck...oh, and we all want stuff right now, but sometimes the wait is all worth it...hardest thing in the world, but worth it.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you and your DH were able to talk a little bit about TTC. It is so hard to wait and I've had to wait for most of our IF apts and treatments. The one thing that I didn't have to wait for was my HSG. I would ask my doc about scheduling one. It seems like a reasonable next step and I don't think that your doc would think that you were being demanding. I would think that it would let them know that you are informed and want to be proactive in your treatment plan.
ReplyDeleteGood to see that you and your dh talked some:) I would defiantly ask for an HSG. In my opinion they should do that before doing a laparoscopy.
ReplyDeleteyes get the HSG test! Here they do that before they will take additional steps (like prescribing Clomid etc.). With endometriosis there's more of a chance your tubes could be blocked but the dye test has the added benefit of sometimes removing or flushing out blockage and fertility rates actually go up afterwards. It will put your mind at ease too to get that out of the way. Good luck!
ReplyDelete