I will soon be back to peeing on a stick everyday to see when I ovulate. I have p****d on so many sticks and I have bought more to pee on! Now I will be peeing for my fertility monitor and on some ovulation sticks!! I want to make sure 100% that I am ovulating. I have also got a BBT so I can take my temperature every morning. I can hide the peeing on a stick from my DH but not sure how he will react when he wakes up to me with a thermometer sticking out of my mouth every morning!
I am getting even more serious about TTC after every cycle. Each BFN seems to spur me on to do more to make this work. I have realised that I want a baby more than anything but I also want to be pregnant. I would definitely consider adoption if it got to that as having a child is so important to me, but I dearly wish to go through the whole pregnancy part first if that is possible. Some of you may understand the feeling/desire/wish to be pregnant and have a little person grow inside of you. Others I am sure are not too fussed about being pregnant, just want a child and family. That is fine, everyone is different, but for me all I dream about is being pregnant and then holding that baby in my arms.
When I was away on my short holiday, my MIL kept trying to bring up when we were going to have a child and what our favourite baby names were etc. DH and I kept brushing her off and changing the subject but she sadly didn't get the hint. She announced over dinner one evening that I will have a little girl. It was all I could do not to strangle her with the table cloth! I just sat there and smiled and said how I would love to have a little girl. I then wanted to go on to say that it may not ever happen and she should be grateful she has one grandson (my nephew) and she would be lucky if she got another grandchild. In some ways I want to tell her we are TTC in the hope she would get off our backs. I know she is the type of person that would then be on our case even more, wanting to know why it wasn't working, watching me like a hawk for any small sign of pregnancy. She already does all of the above so telling her would make things 100 times worse.
AF is still here but thankfully pain and flow has slowed down to a bearable pace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey Nic.. I remember useing my BBT and taking my temp every morning for a few months..not fun..lol although its really good for you to at least do it for at least 3 months, that way you can show your Dr:)
ReplyDeleteSorry about you MIL.. We still haven't told any of dh's side of the family about our ttc and IF..
I'm a very private person, a few family members on my side know,(they support me all the way) and about 2 of my friends.. thats it.. It's my way of protecting myself I guess..
Anyway hope it works out for you this month:)
Hugs,
Hannah
If only I had a penny for every time I've peed on a stick! OPK's and Pregnancy tests!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the hinds on hypothyroidism. I had no idea there could be an underlying cause. I thought some people were just deficient. A lot of people, actually.
I am pretty close to my MIL and talk with her frequently about TTC. Of course, I am also not very private - talking is therapy for me. But I do think it helps her, and others, to understand what we're going through. When it comes down to IUI's and IVF, it becomes this huge part of your life. I hope you guys have luck before all of that!
I think the previous generation just can't understand. They didn't have REs and IVF, and either you got pregnant or adopted. That, and it's been so long that maybe they have forgotten how tough it can be.
ReplyDeleteI hope this is the cycle for you two!
ICLW
i never got a positive with the opks. i am convinced that i never ovulated. ...that makes me pissed about all of those years i spent on bcps! when we told my MIL that we were ttc she shut up about it and never asked again. it was the best thing we ever did :)
ReplyDeleteHey Nic, sorry about MIL! that really stinks. Crazy how some people don't think. We haven't really told anyone and people just assume because I am 39 that we aren't trying *sigh* so i get some assinine comments. Hoping that your BBT goes well. I never tried it, not a good sleeper and as you said, it can't be hid from DH like the monitor can :)
ReplyDelete