Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Thank you all

Wow, what an amazing response from you all. Thank you all for your support from the previous post, makes me feel welcome here. I really do get so much help from blogging and every one's comments.

However, I just want to clear a few things up. The blog I read inspired my previous post, not because I was necessarily hurt by it, more it was thought provoking regarding how little time I have been TTC in comparison. Actually helps to keeps things in perspective sometimes.

People are in different stages in their TTC and for some people they are going through tough times and are in bad places at the moment. I only hope that their battle is won soon. If we cant put down our feelings here, then where can we?

12 comments:

  1. You are so sensative! I think you are doing a good job at starting blogging now. It helps to get it out. I haven't really started any treatment yet, but it still helps to blog. Sometimes I dont know what to post b/c nothing has changed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you starting early in the process. You will be able to release the pressure of it all throughout and if you get to be one of the lucky ones and get a BFP soon, then all the better!

    I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really feel like this community is a warm blanket to wrap us all up in, no matter how cold we are. Is that a funny metaphor? Well, you get what I mean right? We're all here for the same reason, some of us have just suffered a little longer.

    I had read the same blog you did, and I could completely relate to it. But I also know that everyone's pain is just as important. Whether it's two weeks old or seven years. Sometimes it's hard to remind yourself of that when you're the one who's been suffering for 7 years.

    I'm wishing you all the luck in your own journey!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to "meet" you. I am also new to this process and agree that blogging to work through our feelings is positive.

    And I see you're reading 25 books this year. I once tried to read a book a week. By the end of the year I was reading very short books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the wrapped up in a blanket metaphor too..I don't feel like Im too "in" the TTC process since we haven't started any treatments yet and we just got a plan a few weeks ago. But I have been welcomed and supported 100% since day one. I look forward to following you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Here from ICLW, thanks for visting my blog. That is interesting that we both have endo & hypothyroidism. I hope your TTC journey is a short one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from ICLW.

    I totally use my blog as therapy, so I agree that it is a great place to sort your thoughts out as you wind your way down the TTC road! And frankly, TTC is painful for all of us, whether you are new to the journey or not.

    I wish you much luck on your path to children. I, too, hope you'll be one of the lucky ones and get your BFP sooner rather than later. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. TTC can be a nerve wracking time even when you know there are no barriers in your way. When you go into it knowing you have a few strikes against you, a community like this is a true blessing. Wishing you a lot of luck and I hope you do get your two lines this year.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogs are perfect places to put down your thoughts. They're a place all your own. If not here then where, right? ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visting my blog (smile)

    I have been on this journey for a long time. I am praying that you and others won't have to walk too far into this journey. Regardless of where you are on this journey, the pain is real. Praying for a BFP for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't this community AMAZING?! I felt I didn't belong and got put in my place awfully fast ;o) These woman are a beautiful thing in my life. I love being supported when I need it by them and I love to support them, when needed.
    *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  12. BFNs are HARD - regardless of where you are in your journey.

    For me, I have 3 kids now, after quite some work. 18 cycles for #1. 1 cycle for #2 (woot!) and 19 cycles, 4 IUIs, 1 mock IUI, 4 surgeries, 2 med only cycles, 1 IVF and finally an FET for #3. So yeah, it took some time.

    Now, my BEST FRIEND in the world was ttc#3 after 2 "1st cycle" pregnancies. When the 2nd month resulted in a BFN, she was devestated. And she had a hard time crying on my shoulder because what I went through. BUT, I explained that I felt exactly like she did on my 2nd cycle too. It's HARD!! So I convinced her I WAS her support and to not feel bad about crying to me. I was able to tell her everything I know and help her with timing, etc.

    So don't go feeling bad about heartbreaking BFNs. Hopefully you will get a BFP before you get the badge of "infertile", but that doesn't mean you can't blog about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!