My DH and I have been together for 8 years today. We said we wouldn't celebrate it as we have a wedding anniversary now but I thought that was sad to stop celebrating the day we got together, the day we have been celebrating for the last 7 years. I wrote my DH a love letter. I know it sounds corny but we always used to write each other notes and love letters and we used to like it. Spur of the moment thoughts, things we used to want to say to each other but couldn't because we were at work etc. I spur of the moment wrote him a note last night about how much I love him and want to have his child and how lucky I am to have him etc. I am not normally all slushy like that but I feel we need more romance. Why is it once people have been together for a while or are married the romance seems to go a little?
He told me off for writing the note as we agreed not to do anything but I know he liked it and I don't think we need an excuse to be romantic. Its like valentines day. I am afraid I am one of those people who do not go out for a meal on valentines, I will cook a nice dinner for the two of us but I refuse to spend twice the amount of money for a meal just because its Valentine's day. It is too commercial. People should be romantic and tell each other how much we love and adore each other all the time.
Sorry I realise this is a rant, this wasnt what I planned it to be! All I wanted to say was that I wanted to let my DH know how much I love him, but we shouldn't need an excuse to be romantic!
Update on fertility side of life: day 8 of cycle, fertility monitor hasn't asked me to POAS yet. I have had terrible pains in my abdomen all day but I think it is nothing, my endometriosis is playing up again.
Oh by the way, my bloody tooth cracked eating a piece of bread!! I have such terrible teeth. I need another trip to dentist and more money. I hate my teeth, am tempted to pull them all out and just mush food forever!!
Tuesday, 27 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a message!!